Your personal information includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Billing and payment information
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
What Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And Why
Much of what you likely consider personal information is collected directly from you when you:
- Purchase any of our Services (ex: billing information, including name, address, credit card number, government identification);
- Request assistance from our customer support team (ex: phone number);
- Complete contact forms or request other information from us (ex: email).
How We Utilize Information
We strongly believe in both minimizing the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing our Services. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Services (including our website)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you
Much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal information.
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal information with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way of email
- Customer relationship management
We only share your personal information as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors they may be permitted to use) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal information for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
We may also share your information with third parties for the purpose of facilitating/allowing a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of our assets, in which case the acquiring company may continue to utilize your data in the manner for which it was provided and intended.
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
How We Secure, Store And Retain Your Data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal information, you can contact us.
How You Can Access, Update Or Remove Your Data
To easily access, update, or remove your personal information, contact us.
If you make a request to delete your personal information and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted under applicable laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes To This Policy
Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal information subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to your local supervisory authority or our lead supervisory authority, the UK's Information Commissioner’s Office, as noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Phone: 0303 123 1113
- By Mail: StoreVision NA, 408 E. 4th St., Suite 303, Bridgeport, PA 19405
- By Phone: 267-401-1359